Monday, July 19, 2010

Take a Chance

This is a topic that I have really struggle with - Taking a chance.  I've found myself having a fear of failure or a fear that people won't like my stuff.  I wrote this book, "Record Breaker" LAST YEAR.  I literally finished it 1 year ago, but I delayed doing anything with it.  That started weighing on me because I knew I had that unfinished project.  Then one day I was talking to a friend who said something that finally helped me get past myself so that I could do something successful.  He said:

How many people do you know?  How many people have you ever known?  A thousand?  More?  How many of those people ever wrote a book?

You know what?  I only know one other person who ever published a book and he's a PhD.  So that energized me.  Now, I have a meeting with a printer in 2 days.  I can't wait to get this project finished up.  Even if I never sale 1 copy (and I plan on selling out), I published a book and that makes me 1 in 1,000.

I'm taking a chance.  I'm getting past myself and my irrational fears and doing something that will be successful.  What are you holding yourself back on?  What big ideas do you have that you haven't followed thru to completion?

I think everyone should take their chance.  Be 1 in 1,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment